Prawns Peeled – 4 each
Prawn Head & Tail on – 1 each
Baby Gem – 1 each
Chilli Mayo – 30ml + 15 ml
Avocado – ¼ each
Lemon Grilled – ½ each
Bread – 2 slices
Orange Zest Candied – 5g
Salt & Pepper – 1g
Place 100 gm of mayonnaise, 10 gm chopped red chilli, 30gm ketchup, ½ clove garlic chopped, 3 ml of tabasco, and 5ml of lemon juice & Zest add seasoning and mix well set aside.
Cook 4 tiger prawns peeled, and 1 large Prawn head & tail on in garlic, thyme shallot and season well.
1. Wash baby gem well.
2. Julien 1 baby gem, ¼ the heart and keep a few large leaf whole.
CANDIED ORANGE ZEST:
1. Soak the orange in warm water for 20 min
2. Dry and zest (remove all white pith)
3. Place zest in a pan w/ cold water and bring to the boil, drain and repeat 3 times starting from cold each time.
4. Make syrup w/ 80g caster sugar & 160 gm water and reduce, add the zest for 2-3 min- dry on cooling rack.
1. Arrange 4 large leafs on the dish, 2 slices of bread, 1 slice butter and ½ grilled lemon in the other side.
2. Mix the Julien gem and ¼ hearts with chilli mayo and the peeled prawns, spoon onto the centre of the large leafs.
3. Put the ¼ Fan of avocado & spoon a dollop of chilli mayo on top of the prawn & gem mix, then put the large head & tail on prawn on top of that.
4. Sprinkle with candied orange zest, cracked pepper.